Thursday, March 10, 2011

Freeman Patterson - A Glimpse Through His Lens



For a recent school assignment, I was asked to compile a research project on a Photographer who has had a significant influence on their genre. I chose Freeman Patterson for many reasons. About 16 years ago when I purchased my first SLR and took my first photography course, Freeman Patterson was one of the nature photography masters that we were introduced to. Through this course at Photo Central, I met Glen who would soon become one of my best friends. We became photography 'buddies' and really enjoyed taking nature photographs together. We were greatly influenced by the work of Patterson and aspired to create images like his. We studied his books and attended one of his seminars when he visited Winnipeg around 1996 or 97. We were both very impressed – not only by his photographic presentation but by him as an individual, artist and teacher.

Since then, I have continued to develop my photographic skills in nature photography as well as other areas of the industry. I really enjoyed learning more about Freeman through this research project and have gained an even greater love and respect for his work and contributions to the world.

If you are interested in reading my essay, please click on the link below. You will need a password to open it, so please email me a request.

Freeman Patterson Research Essay

To see more of his images, please visit his website at www.freemanpatterson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment