Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Love...everlasting

Of course, this image is not unique. It has been created a million times by photographers near and far. However, I have always been drawn to it and I promised myself that one day I would recreate it. I wonder sometimes, who first discovered this very beautiful and metaphorical image!

Despite what others have done, I knew the page and the ring needed to be lit by candlelight to portray a warm and loving tone. I wanted a shallow depth of field so that only a few key words of this particular verse was in focus. The light source also had to be just at the right height and angle to create the elongated heart shadow.

I chose this specific composition for a few reasons; I am naturally drawn to angled lines – I feel they add strength to the image, and the shadow areas in the opposite corners give the image balance.  I also preferred the focus area in this composition compared to the other images I created. It highlights 'but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever'. I find this to be so true in life...it would all seem so useless if we didn't strive to love each other as He loved us.

No comments:

Post a Comment